7 January 2016

Being lovely


In 2012 I came up with a little idea called Be Lovely Day. Just a little effort to hopefully go a long way toward cheering up friends, family and colleagues in the bleak mid-winter. Inspired by Flower Thrower by Bansky, I wanted to remind all of us how important simple pleasures are in this one life we're all busy living. 

Four years later it is more than I could ever have hoped for and more! All around the world, lovely human beings will join forces on Saturday 23rd January and make the world a nicer place. Just because they can. Paying it forward I am giving away a free SheBeat track via Soundcloud - Believe is very much in the same vibe as Be Lovely and was written to cheer myself up, so I do hope you enjoy it too!



I'm also hosting and performing on the day at Brink Liverpool alongside a few musical friends from 2pm so do come along if you happen to be in the area - but being lovely can happen in your own time wherever you happen to be so let me know if you have any stories to share as a result of lovely efforts...

So whether you bake a cake for a relative, make an awesome mixtape for a friend or just pay some compliments to your neighbours: Lovely humans, I salute you!


Find my debut EP here
Or seek it out on Amazon or Spotify 
Twitter me @shebeatmusic 
Facebook.com/shebeatmusic
Soundcloud.com/shebeat 


Head to bbc.co.uk/introducing, upload your music and you could have your tracks broadcast on BBC Radio

No comments:

Post a Comment